We will work closely with you to plan an efficient and cost-effective way of dealing with all your residential and commercial property matters.
We work closely with Bannister Bates Property Lawyers who specialise purely in property and have a team of highly experienced dedicated property lawyers.
The team at Bannister Bates will handle all types of property transactions on your behalf, whether it be buying or selling a property, granting a Lease of a business or house, and dealing with the sale and purchase of all types of business.
The Selling Process
Bannister Bates Property Lawyers have a team of highly experienced Property Lawyers who will deal with the following matters on your behalf:-
- Obtain your title deeds from the Land Registry or your existing lender.
- Assist you in completing the standard Property Information Form, and Fixtures and Fittings Form.
- Prepare the Contract for sale and the Contract Pack and send it to your buyer’s Conveyancer.
- Agree a completion date with you and the buyer’s Conveyancer, and Exchange Contracts.
- On the completion date, repay the mortgage on your property (if applicable) and pay the balance of the proceeds of sale to you.
The Buying Process
Once I Have Instructed A Conveyancer, What Can I Expect To Happen Next?
Step 1: Sale agreed
- Your conveyancer will ask the seller’s conveyancer for the contract and title documents
- The contract is received and the seller’s conveyancer will be asked questions about any legal issues, e.g. evidence of the seller’s ownership of the property, rights of way over the property etc
- Local authority, drainage and environmental searches will be carried out.
- They will send you forms completed by the seller which will provide further information about the property, including details of fixtures and fittings.
- They will deal with your mortgage offer if applicable.
- They will send a report to you with the contract and other documents for signature and request the deposit.
- Finally, they obtain your authority to exchange contacts.
Step 2: Exchange of contracts
- Your conveyancer will exchange contracts with the seller’s solicitor with a fixed date for completion.
- They will send the contract and deposit to the seller’s solicitor.
- Before the completion date they will request any additional money they require from you and request money from your mortgage lender.
Step 3: Completion
- Your conveyancer will complete the purchase by sending the balance of the purchase price to the seller’s solicitor.
- They pay the stamp duty on the property on your behalf (if any)
- They register your legal ownership at the Land Registry.
How Long Will It Take To Complete The Purchase?
On average, a conveyancing transaction takes 8-12 weeks from the time they receive the draft contract to completion, although a leasehold flat will take longer. How long it takes will depend on a variety of factors that include when your mortgage is approved, the speed of the solicitors, how long it takes to get search results back, the length of the chain of transactions (if any) and the legal issues involved. We will try hard to meet the completion date you want but cannot guarantee that this will be possible at this stage.
We at Bannister Bates understand the importance of communication. You will be dealing with the same highly experienced member of staff, who will be available to take your calls and reply to your emails throughout your transaction and, most importantly, will respond to any enquiries quickly and efficiently, and will have first hand knowledge of your transaction.
With the benefit of our sophisticated case management system, she will ensure your purchase or sale completes as soon as possible, and at a competitive price, and will keep you informed of progress throughout the transaction.
To find out more about our service or to obtain a fixed fee quote please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01524 416300 and ask for ………………..